1. Scope and application
This Privacy Notice describes how LoudCrowd collects, uses, shares, and secures the Personal Data about individuals who use this web site (loudcrowd.com) and our services.
The following is a list of our current services:
- Customer Growth Platform
When we say “Personal Data,” we mean any data that could directly or indirectly be used to identify you or your household, ranging from (for example) your name and email address to the IP address of your device and the location from which you access this website.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, share, and secure the Personal Data that we collect when you access this website and our services.
This Privacy Notice also describes how we handle Personal Data on behalf of our customers.
It is important to understand, however, that when we handle your Personal Data on behalf of one of our customers, we are doing so pursuant to the customer’s instructions as their data processor. If you want to know more details about that customer’s data protection policies, you should consult the customer’s privacy notice.
2. What Personal Data do we collect?
We collect two types of Personal Data about you:
(1) Personal Data that we receive directly from you, which can include, but is not limited to:
Contact/Demographic Information: name; email address; company that you represent, and social media account information;
(2) Personal Data about you that we receive from others, which can include, but is not limited to:
Social Media & Other Information: content that you post on social media sites; information that you’ve provided to our customers; and information about your browsing habits on other websites.
3. How do we use your Personal Data?
We use the Personal Data about you that we collect in order to fulfill a range of purposes, including:
- To provide this website and our services
- To maintain and improve this website and our services
- To provide personalized services, including behaviorally targeted ads
- To measure the performance of this website and our services
- To communicate with you
- To protect LoudCrowd, you, our customers, and the public
4. How do we share your Personal Data?
We do not sell your Personal Data. We do share the Personal Data with third parties in a range of scenarios, including the following:
- To any third party with your consent
- To companies that provide services on our behalf to help us with business activities
- To outside parties when we believe that the disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your rights, to protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, comply with a law enforcement request, or comply with lawful requests by public authorities including to any meet national security or law enforcement requirements
5. International transfers of your Personal Data
To facilitate our operations, we may transfer, store and process your Personal Data in jurisdictions other than where you live. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence. For instance, if you’re in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom, we ensure your Personal Data has an adequate level of protection when it’s collected, transferred to, and stored outside the EEA or United Kingdom.
Some of the third parties to which we may disclose your Personal Data (discussed above) might be in a location outside the EEA or United Kingdom. In this case, we use certain legal mechanisms to ensure that the protection afforded your Personal Data is the same as the protection provided within the EEA or the United Kingdom, as the case may be.
We use the European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses as our legal transfer mechanism.
We achieve this protection using the EU-US Privacy Shield program and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield program (the “Privacy Shield”).
PRIVACY SHIELD NOTICE
We comply with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the transfer of Personal Information from the EU and Switzerland to the U.S. For purposes of this Privacy Shield Notice, “Personal Information” includes information that identifies, directly or indirectly, a client or consumer in the EU or Switzerland. LoudCrowd has self-certified to the U.S. Department of Commerce and declared its commitment to adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice; Choice; Accountability for Onward Transfer; Security; Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation; Access; and Recourse, Enforcement, and Liability (the “Principles”).
You can learn more about Privacy Shield at https://www.privacyshield.gov and see our Privacy Shield self-certification at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. LoudCrowd’s self-certification to the Privacy Shield is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the Federal Trade Commission.
We encourage EU and Swiss individuals who have questions or complaints about how we process their Personal Information under Privacy Shield to contact us at [email protected]. We will work to resolve your issue as quickly as possible, but in any event within 45 days of receipt. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use complaints that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact, free of charge, our dispute resolution provider, JAMS, at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-
You can review our Privacy Shield Notice at https://www.loudcrowd.com/privacy-shield.
6. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We will retain your contact information, including your name and email address, for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide the Services to you. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Data to provide Services, please refer to “Your Rights and Options regarding your Personal Data” Section of this Privacy Notice.
LoudCrowd may retain data, including Personal Data, in encrypted format held on back up media or other back up storage for disaster recovery purposes for up to ninety (90) days pending routine erasure cycles, and log files held for security reasons for up to twelve (12) months.
For additional questions on this topic, please contact us using the information contained in the “Contacting Us” section below.
7. Your Rights and Options regarding your Personal Data
Depending where you live, you have certain rights related to your Personal Data. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing the Personal Data in question. Please note that these rights are also subject to local data protection laws and regulations, and that these rights do not apply in all situations.
Your rights are as follows:
- Right of access. You have the right to know what Personal Data of yours we are processing.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to update, correct, or supplement that Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to delete or erase your Personal Data from our systems.
- Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to request that we limit how we process your Personal Data.
- Right to object. You have the right to oppose our processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we provide you with the Personal Data that we hold about you in a structured, machine-readable format. Under this right, you may either request that we provide the Personal Data directly to you, or you may request that we provide the Personal Data directly to a third party designated by you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your Personal Information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
You may “opt-out” of having your Personal Data used for certain purposes, such as receiving promotional or other marketing material from us during the registration process, for downloading a whitepaper or signing up for our webcasts. Users who no longer wish to receive our updates or newsletters may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the instructions contained in the mailer or by emailing us at [email protected] Please include the term “OPT-OUT” in the subject line immediately followed by your email address.
You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information collected via this Site by emailing [email protected]. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We are unable to delete information accessed or provided through the Services if we do not control such information, such as information that originated through a social media network and is consequently controlled by such social media network, except to the extent that a copy of that data exists on our systems and with the permission of the data controller.
8. How do we secure your Personal Data?
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Please keep in mind, however, that no method of transmission over the internet, or any method of electronic storage, is perfectly secure.
Cookies or similar technologies are used by LoudCrowd and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering this website, tracking users’ movements around this website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
10. Changes in this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may change from time to time, so please review it frequently for any updates or changes. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or we will place a prominent notice on our Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
11. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, please email us at [email protected] or write us at the following address:
1401 Lavaca St, #707
Austin, TX 78701
12. Additional Information
Collection of Personal Data from Children
Our Site is not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting Us” section, below, and we will take steps to delete such Personal Data from our systems.
Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Data from our blog or community forum, contact us at [email protected] In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Data, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
Our Web site includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook and Twitter buttons and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it.